Monday, August 07, 2006

Lady in the Water

I have not seen a M. Night Whatshisname movie I did not love. Lady in the Water was no exception. He is the director/writer/producer responsible for Unbreakable, The Village, The Sixth Sense, and Signs. His movies are just stunning, not in a cinematic-aesthetic way. It's just he stirs me with his portrayal of people. I think he sees God in people. He speaks so clearly to the audience that he is one step away from just pulling up a chair in the movie and talking to you. Not what I expected at all. Best movie I have seen in a lonnnnnng time. This movie for me was the kind that stays with you and gives you that movie afterglow. It makes me feel like I just finished a nice chunky book.

2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

I don't know much about this movie. I've seen the trailer a couple of times, but that's it. I liked Sixth Sense and The Village.

Was this one a scary movie? I like suspenseful but not gory. If you get a chance, would you let me know?

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Toasty said...

No that's just it, not scary or gory. Well, like a few jump up in your seats moments. Lots of suspense. It is more like a fairy tale than a horror movie. It looks like a horror movie on the commecials, doesnt it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home